For those of you readers who know me personally, you know Audrey Hepburn is one of my idols. She was both timelessly beautiful and effortlessly graceful. Not to mention she had to-die-for style. Today marks what would have been her 86th birthday. In remembrance, I have compiled a list of the 20 lessons I have learned from the woman she was and the roles she played.
1. Tiffany’s is a little slice of heaven.
“The only thing that does any good is to jump in a cab and go to Tiffany’s. Calms me down right away. The quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there.” – Holly Golightly, Breakfast at Tiffany’s
3. Be a strong woman. Set your standards high.
4. But it’s okay to not always have everything together. “A little nervous breakdown can work wonders for a girl.” (as originally stated by Rory Gilmore)
5. It’s okay to be selfish.
6. And be spontaneous! Explore the world.
7. New York City is the best city in the world.
“Paris is always a good idea” – Audrey Hepburn
9. Never belong to someone else, belong to yourself.
11. Be Happy
12. And believe in something.
13. Be in a love-love relationship with food.
14. “Nothing is impossible…”
15. And finally, live in the present.