Whether you are recently single, have been for awhile, or fear that you will be forever, it is important to remember the perks of singledom. Sure relationships are great, but in a place like high school or college, they rarely function for long. So next time you are staring at a ridiculously cute vomit inducing couple, remember that you’re awesome and think about all the awesome things you can do because you’re single.
1. You have more time to hang with your bffs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5_5s5jCYUg – Girlfriend Icona Pop
2. You don’t have to label a “girls night out” because that is every night.
3. You have more time to focus on school/work/whatever the heck you want.
4. You don’t have to have your phone attached to your hip when you are out and deal with texts like these.
5. And no more dealing with stupid arguments and blow-out fights.
6. You can hook up with whoever you want, whenever you want.
7. Save the money you would spend on your significant other to spend on yourself.
8. You don’t have to fake liking certain things because you accidentally told a little white lie in the beginning of relationship that spiraled into a weekly thing.
9. You can go watch as many rom-coms as you want with no complaints.
10. And you learn to love “me time” aka a night in filled with pajamas, the rom-coms mentioned above and lots and lots of food.
11. You learn from your mistakes and what you really want in a relationship.
12. And you learn how to trust yourself, how to become independent, and how to be happy with the awesomeness of your oneness.
*originally posted on February 26, 2014*